|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|20 mins||35 mins||8||Dinner|
- 2x 250g tubs of low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 2 handfuls of baby herb leaves to serve
- Balsamic vinegar to serve
- 2 lemons, grated
- 225g icing sugar
- 10 walnuts, (crushed)
1. Line eight 185ml (¾ cup) capacity timbale moulds with a plastic wrap.
2. Then line each mould with 2 slices of smoked salmon.
3. Place the cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon rind and remaining salmon in a food processor and process until smooth.
4. Transfer the cream-cheese mixture to a bowl. Add the dill and fold to combine.
5. Spoon the cream-cheese mixture into the moulds, pressing it down firmly, and fold any overhanging salmon over. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
Whole Wheat Biscuits [Enough for 8]
120g Whole wheat flour
4 Tbsp. (60ml) Flora pro-activ
4 Tbsp. (60ml) luke warm water
Small pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. (30ml) sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix and knead until a firm dough is formed. (You can add a little more water if it seems too stiff.) Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
3. Roll the dough out as thinly as possible and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Bake in the oven until crisp and golden (it’ll take about 10 minutes).
5. Break into shards and serve with the Salmon Pate