|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:||Main Ingredients:|
|10 mins||10 mins||4||Main||Fish|
- 375ml water
- 250ml ( 1 cup) low fat milk
- 4 X 150g smoked cod fillets
- 60g (¼ cup) Flora pro-activ
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) low fat milk, extra
- Robertsons salt and pepper optional
- ¼ cup Robertsons parsley
1. Place water and milk in a large frying pan, cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Add cod, skin-side down, cover and cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily, remove draining well and keeping warm.
2. In the meantime, place Flora pro-activ, onion and flour in a saucepan over a low heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 – 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
3. Gradually add the extra milk and , stirring constantly , cook until the sauce comes to the boil. Continue stirring and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Season sauce to taste and stir in the parsley. Serve with the cod, mashed potatoes (see recipe).