|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|15 mins||45 mins||Main|
- 1 ½ liters (6 cups) Knorrox chicken or vegetable stock
- 15-20 saffron threads or teaspoon Robertsons turmeric
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Robertsons crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 800g pumpkin, cut into 1 ½cm cubes
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 2 tsp Sunflower oil
- 20ml (1 tbs) Flora pro-activ
- Robertsons Salt and pepper (optional to taste)
- 400g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 tbs Robertsons parsley
1. Place stock and saffron in a pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and continue simmering
2. Heat oil in a large pan, add garlic, onion, pumpkin and rice. Stir for about 4 – 5 minutes.
3. Add 1/3 cup of simmering stock and continue to stir over a low heat until stock is absorbed. (approximately 30 minutes) or until the rice is creamy. Use extra boiling water if necessary. Stir in Flora pro-activ and season to taste.
4. In the meantime, heat extra oil in a non-stick frying pan and pan fry chicken until thoroughly cooked.
5. Serve chicken over risotto, sprinkle with parsley.