|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|10 mins||15 mins||8||Main|
Ingredients for the Peach Crumble:
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) Flora pro-activ
- 2 Tbsp.(30ml) castor sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) flaked almonds
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut shavings
- 8 ripe peaches, (halved and stones removed)
- 2 Ttbsp. (30ml) Flora pro-activ
Ingredients for Frozen Yoghurt:
- Important Note: Make this ice-cream the previous day.
- 2 cups (500ml) ricotta
- ¾ cup (165g) casteor sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) low fat yoghurt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
Preparation (Peach Crumble Recipe):
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the crumble together in a mixing bowl – excluding the peaches.
3. Place the halved peaches on a baking tray, sliced side up.
4. Top each peach with as much of the crumble mix as possible. Dot each peach with a little more of the Flora pro-activ margarine. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the crumble is golden and the peaches are soft.
Preparation (Frozen Yoghurt Recipe):
1. Line a 14cm x 21cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Beat the ricotta and sugar together with an electric beater until smooth.
3. Fold the yoghurt and the zest into the ricotta mixture and ladle into the loaf tin. Freeze overnight until set.
4. Serve full scoops of the frozen yoghurt on top of the peaches.