|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|15 mins||1 mins||4||Main|
- 40ml sunflower oil
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 1Kg lamb, trimmed and cubed
- 2 tsp Robertsons crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp Robertsons ground cumin
- ¾ tsp Robertsons ground coriander
- ¼ pinch Robertsons paprika
- 250g pitted prunes
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 310ml (1 ¼ cups) Knorrox boiling vegetable stock
- 10g (2 tsp) Flora pro-activ
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, add the almonds and stir until golden. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside.
2. Add lamb to the saucepan and brown in batches. Return lamb to the saucepan with garlic, onion, cinnamon, cumin, coriander and paprika and cook for 1 minute. Add the prunes and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 50minutes or until the lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Place couscous in a bowl, stir in boiling stock until liquid is absorbed. Mix in the Flora pro-activ. Serve with the lamb, sprinkled with almonds and accompanied by steamed carrot, asparagus and zucchini tossed with orange and chives sauce.