|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|20 mins||20 mins||Makes 1 big jar (enough for 18 serves)||Breakfast|
- 4 cups (1L) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250ml) whole almonds, chopped finely
- ¼ cup (60ml) linseed
- ¼ cup (60ml) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) shredded coconut
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) Flora pro-activ
- ½ cup (125ml) mixed dried fruit, chopped (Look for dried fruit that has been dried naturally and not treated with sulphur dioxide.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a large oven pan with baking paper.
2. Combine the oats, almonds, seeds, coconut and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Warm the honey slightly, combine with the Flora pro-activ and stir through the oats mixture.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared oven pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until toasted and golden. Stir regularly.
5. Remove from the oven and stir through the dried fruit. Let it cool completely and keep in an airtight container.
Take 4 small glass jars with tight fitting lids. Divide ½ a cup of Bulgarian Yoghurt between the jars followed by a layer of chopped berries (½ a cup) and a layer of granola (½ 1/2 a cup). Repeat the layers once more, ending with granola. Close the jars and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days for instant, wholesome breakfasts or snacks.