|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|10 mins||5 mins||4||Lunch|
- 100g whole wheat flour
- 70g cake flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) honey
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) Flora pro-activ
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) Flora pro-activ for frying
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
2. Combine the egg whites, buttermilk, honey and Flora pro-activ.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour the buttermilk mixture in, stirring constantly.
4. Heat a non-stick pan with a dollop of the Flora pro-activ and pour a ¼ cup batter at a time into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes until bubbles start to appear. Turn each cake and cook until it is lightly golden and cooked on the other side as well.
5. Serve with fresh berries and low fat yoghurt and a drizzle of honey