|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|20 mins||20 mins||Lunch/Supper|
- 2 cups (500g) dried whole wheat penne pasta
- 2Tbsp. (3ml) Flora pro-activ margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 6 slices of ham, chopped
- 4 zucchini’s , washed and coarsely grated
- ½ cup (125ml) frozen peas
- 4 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 300ml reduced-fat, cooking cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- mixed salad leaves to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 5cm-deep, 33cm x 19cm (base) ovenproof dish.
2. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, without salt until tender. Drain. Return to the same saucepan
3. Heat the Flora pro-activ in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ham. Add the grated zucchini and the peas.
4. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mixture to the pasta in the saucepan. Add eggs, cream, onion and cheese. Toss to combine.
5. Transfer to the preferred dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
6. Serve with a mixed salad.