|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|15 mins||15 mins||6||Lunch/Supper|
- ¼ cup (60ml) whole wheat flour
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- ¾ cup (180ml) dried whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon pepper
- 700g-800g thick white fish fillets
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) Flora pro-activ spread
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunky chips
- 4 Tbsp. (60ml) Flora pro-activ spread
Ingredients for the Tartar Sauce:
- 1 cup (250ml) fat free Bulgarian yoghurt
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) capers, rinsed, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
1. Sprinkle the flour on a plate. Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon pepper on a plate.
2. Coat 1 piece of fish at a time in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip it into the buttermilk followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a tray in the fridge.
3. Place the sweet potato chips in an oven bag or shallow, heatproof, microwave-safe dish.
4. Add 2 Tbsp. cold water. Loosely twist the top of oven bag to secure, or cover dish. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until chips are tender. Drain.
5. Spread the chips, in a single layer, over a baking tray. Dot with Flora pro-activ spread. Season with a little salt. Bake the chips on top shelf of oven for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring through once.
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add the 2 Tbsp. Flora pro-activ spread. Remove the fish from the fridge and pan fry in the Flora pro-activ until golden on each side.
Preparation for Tartar Sauce:
1. Combine yoghurt, gherkins, parsley, capers and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.