|Preparation time:||Cooking time:||Serves:||Course:|
|15 mins||15 mins||24||Main|
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) Flora pro-activ
- 160g (185ml) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1 cup (250ml) whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups (375ml) cake flour
- 2 cups (500ml) digestive bran
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp (10ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (250ml) raisins, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) flaked almonds
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Line a muffin tin with casings.
2. Whisk the eggs, Flora pro-activ, sugar, milk and vanilla essence together.
3. Combine the whole wheat flour, cake flour, digestive bran, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
4. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the raisins and cinnamon and mix until just combined.
5. Rest the mixture for at least 30 minutes preferably overnight in an airtight container in the fridge.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins. Mix the almonds and brown sugar together and top each muffin with a little of the mixture.
7. Bake for 10 to-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.